There are many benefits to using the best posture corrector for women, the main one being helping to realign and retrain your muscles to help you stand up straight and tall.
Do your shoulders ache, do you experience pain in your upper back, middle back and even lower back when you are at work and sitting for long hours which can continue on into your everyday life?
There are any number of physical and health issues which can result from less than perfect posture. We may have even caught a glimpse of ourselves in the mirror, or that shop window and thought “oh dear”…
You probably heard, a million times as a kid,”stand up straight, shoulders back.” Sometimes, it’s just not as easy as that. Those core and back muscles may have weakened over the years for whatever reason. You just need a little helping hand…This is where a posture brace can help you regain good posture and all the benefits which follow…
The 6 main points you want the best posture corrector for women to do:
- Work to improve your posture and your appearance with an optimally straight and aligned posture
- Help to relieve physical pressure in the upper back, shoulder area, lower back and neck
- Gently and firmly re-align your spine by wearing and using the brace for a certain period every day, or all day, everyday
- Reminds you to consciously and, with time, to automatically sit in a comfortable position
- A posture corrective brace can prevent physical injury, and or, stop an injury becoming worse
- Be supportive and compressive in the areas you need it to be
This year I decided to review separate posture corrective braces for women and posture corrective braces for men. As women have physically different bodies and often have different needs, many posture braces are made for women only.
Some are uni sex and this year I have reviewed the best posture correctors women, on the basis that they have highly rated feedback along with proven effectiveness. Below the table, I review each posture corrector individually…
1). Comfort Posture Corrector
The Comfort Posture Corrector (CPC) is currently by far one of the most popular women’s braces on the market right now. The CPC has made the top of our list for many reasons. It’s an extremely well designed and lightweight model which supports your whole back from the lower back area, right up to your shoulders.The best thing is the Comfort Posture Corrector can be worn by women, men and children as it has a wide accommodating size range
This is a relatively new corrective brace and I’m really pleased to say it’s kicking goals and doing the job it supposed to – improving your posture, working to relieve pain and improving your life.
Benefits of the Comfort Posture Corrector:
- Available in Black only
- Improves posture and body alignment for women , children and men with wide size range
- Good for muscle support if you suffer from Lordosis, Kyphosis or arthritis
- Helps in rehabilitation after surgery or injuries
- Works to relieve back pain: helps to keep ease tight painful back / shoulder muscles by keeping them warm
- Helps stop slouching by retraining your muscles
- Fully adjustable with Velcro straps
- Can be hand washed and hung out to air dry
What Is The Correct Posture Brace Made From?
The CPC is made from lightweight materials of a cotton inner lining and a firm cotton and elastane outer layer. Elastane helps to keep a firm compressive feel with give, as well as molding to your body shape as you wear it.
The nice design feature on the CPC is the full back support which is great when you have back pain, or recovering from surgery or rehabilitation after an injury.
The designers mentioned wearing a light t shirt underneath the brace which you can choose to do. Some people may not like the feel of material texture against their skin of course. I like the warming qualities of neoprene. If you have sore muscles, warmth is one of the best healing agents to heal and relax tightness which this brace works well in doing.
What’s The Sizing Of The Best Posture Corrector For Women?
Too small, and they are constrictive and cut in uncomfortably after a period of time.
The majority of comments from buyers found the sizing to be on the small side, so measure carefully.
It all depends on your body shape, which is why CPC designers have included a size chart and a, “how to measure yourself” picture in case you aren’t sure…
If you find you have ordered the wrong size when you receive your posture brace, the company have a very good returns reputation. That gets a tick of approval from me.
2). Posture Corrective Brace
When you want to wear a posture brace which is so comfortable, even when you use it for many hours during the day, the Posture Corrective Brace is definitely worthy of considering. It has over 350 reviews on Amazon and sells consistently.
The nice thing about this posture corrector for women is the shoulder straps are firm, which initially may feel uncomfortable when you put it on. A degree of discomfort is to be expected as your muscles are learning what good posture feels like, and to learn new muscle memory.
Yes, you may feel stiffness and this is a good thing because its direct evidence the brace is doing its job.
Benefits of the Posture Corrective Brace:
- Available White or Beige
- in Over the shoulder, soft non-elastic straps offer a secure fit
- Velcro closings allow you to manage the amount of compressive support you need
- Terry cloth pad on the back works to keep your back dry during sporting activities
- Best to hand wash with mild detergent
- Designed and made from 60% polyester, 17% rubber, 15% nylon, 8% cotton
How Well Does This Posture Brace Work?
Many customers noticed an improvement in a couple of weeks. Those with chronic pain in the upper mid back area, osteo-arthritis and scoliosis have commented on how effectively the posture corrector worked to not only improve posture, but to relieve pain.
The Velcro closures allow you to loosen or tighten the straps as you need throughout the day to increase or decrease support. The Posture Corrective brace neatly wraps around your upper rib cage to sit comfortably below your breasts.
Again, a degree of discomfort is a good thing. You may notice your muscles may even feel tired, this shows the brace is gently and firmly correcting your posture and working muscles in a new position.
You will find your back muscles and core muscles will strengthen and consequently your posture will naturally improve. Please note, if you have a latex allergy, this brace is not for you.
3). Pro-lite Deluxe Clavicle Support Brace
Why is this included I hear you say. The Medical Pro-lite Deluxe Clavicle & Posture Support Brace is a men’s posture corrective brace!! Technically, its a unisex brace and let me tell you, just as many women buy this posture corrector for themselves and are loving it.
It’s simple, uncomplicated figure 8 style and padded comfort, lends it to being worn for longer periods of time for optimal realignment and support. From shoulder instability, sprains and broken clavicles to correcting rounded shoulders, forward neck posture and slouching, this is one of the most popular braces on the market with over 785 reviews currently
Benefits of the Deluxe Clavicle & Posture Brace:
- 5 Sizes – XS to XL
- Ideal for rounded shoulders, forward neck posture, clavicle fractures and fibromyalgia
- Extra soft padding reduces any pressure discomfort while the back pack style brace supports and pulls
- Shoulders into correct alignment
- Relieves back, shoulder and neck pain
- Adjustable Velcro straps
How Does The ProLite Posture Corrector Work?
The figure 8 support style has been around for many years for a good reason. This quite basic style works to help people of all ages the chief better posture and to form better posture habits. They are an effective and inexpensive device to relieve excessive strain.
In the center of the back is a large, hard plastic ring which is the attachment point for the two shoulder straps. The shoulder straps attach to the top of the ring and the padded straps wrap over the top of the shoulders around under the arm, before joining back to the ring on the back.
Each padded shoulder strap incorporates Velcro which allows you to adjust the degree of compression and pressure necessary.
Many people commented on the quality and how well this best posture corrector for women was made. The quality of the materials used, the durability aspect and its effectiveness considering the low price were all factors of its popularity.
In regards to sizing, BSN recommend you order the next size up if you measure at the top end of a size bracket. For example of you were looking at a Small and measure 31″, you would be best to choose a Medium size.
4) Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid /Clavicle Brace
If you’re looking to alleviate poor posture, or stopping slouching when walking, sitting or standing, you will like the best posture corrector for women, the Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid. This is one of the best posture correctors for women with its effective and comfortable action and its focus on the quality of materials used in the design.
Oppo are committed to designing and creating top of the line products with uncompromising quality, and have ensured users will not experience irritation when the posture corrector is used for extended periods of time.
Benefits of the Oppo Medical Elastic Posture Aid:
- Available in a natural skin color and in a range of 7 sizes from XS to XXL
- Non bulky design and thin straps make this posture corrector virtually invisible under clothing
- Highly recommended for women with rounded backs or clavicle fractures
- Works to firmly encourage you to sit and stand up straight
- Correcting those hunched over shoulders and poor posture
- Features adjustable Velcro straps for compression flexibility
- Design strongly encourages upright posture while allowing you to move freely
Is The Oppo Brace Comfortable?
People have commented on how the material used is soft and durable which feels comfortable against the skin. They haven’t needed to wear a t shirt underneath this brace. Rubbing or chaffing under the arms is minimal.
If there are plenty of occasions where you may sit with badly rounded shoulders if you’re not concentrating…:( The Oppo works very effectively as a reminder to straighten up and not force your spine into a horrible curve..
The firm support offered immediately reminds you to sit up, tighten up your core muscles and pull your shoulders down and back into a far better and comfortable position. You may be amazed- all over again- how much better you feel when your lungs aren’t being squeezed and your head isn’t jutting forward….Have you ever noticed this?
If you suffer from lower back pain, this is not a posture brace for you. It is designed purely for correcting upper back postural issues and supporting broken collar bones, or clavicle fractures as they are known.
Additionally, you are able to hand wash and air dry the posture corrector.
5) Neo G Dorsolumbar Lower, Mid, Upper Back Support
The Neo G medical grade posture brace is a beautifully supportive posture corrective brace which supports the whole back and spine. As well as correcting your posture in helping you to sit, walk and stand tall, this brace is an extremely effective support for those with early thoracic kyphosis and as a rehabilitation aid.
The Neo G is the best posture corrector for women who want flexible and firm anatomical support for their muscles, tendons and ligaments in their day-to-day life. This is a full-back brace which works to ease muscular pain by exerting even distribution of pressure over the lumbar area.
Benefits of the Neo G Dorsolumbar Support Brace:
- Over 60% of people left 4 star plus reviews for the best posture corrector for women
- Sleekly functional design supports back from shoulders to lower back and hips
- Highly recommended for early Kyphosis, Osteoarthritis,Scoliosis and Spina Bifida sufferers to improve posture
- Works to straighten rounded and slumped shoulders
- Features flexible and firm stays for additional back support
- Adjustable straps for increasing or decreasing compression along with arm pads
- Registered as a Class 1 medical device by Medicines and Healthcare Products Bread Regulatory Agency in the UK
How Adjustable Is This Best Posture Corrector For Women?
Very.That’s the short answer. The Neo G dorso-lumbar brace is extremely adjustable. There are three different adjustable straps. There are long straps over the shoulders to pull them back into position to stop slouching. There is a center strap that goes around the lower mid back area to support the mid back muscles and finally a third strap which fits snugly around your lower back to support the lower spine and hips.There is padding in the lower back which makes the brace more comfortable to wear if you are wearing it directly against your skin. If you do find the shoulder straps rub against your skin, the designers have thoughtfully included shoulder strap pads which slip onto the straps and slide into place on your shoulders.
Many customers commented on how quickly their pain levels diminished, even after only a few days of wearing the best posture corrector for women, the Neo G. Quite a few people had tried a number of posture braces, and commented this was the most comfortable out of all of the posture braces to wear because of the wider choice of adjustment options, the flexible or rigid support offered and the “breathability” of the fabric.
The brace works specifically to stabilize the back muscles by pulling back the shoulders, at the same time providing firm compressive support to the muscles. You may feel some muscular pain after the first couple of days of wearing it. This is a good indication the posture corrective brace is retraining your muscles into correct alignment into straight and correct posture.
6) ®BeFit24, Posture Corrector for Women, Men & Kids
I always get excited when a new posture brace comes on the market and it truly does what it is designed to do. This becomes even more exciting when user live enormously positive reviews. This is the case with ®BeFit24 Posture Brace. An amazing 92 percent of customers have left 4.4 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon. Consequently, I simply had to add this brace into the best corrective posture brace for women list in 2016.
Designed and created in Europe, this is such a simple and well designed holster style brace which works effectively to keep your shoulders, back and posture straight by straightening the thorax and spinal column into better alignment.
Benefits of the ®BeFit24 Posture Brace:
- Works to relieve back and shoulder pain by strengthening and straightening the thorax and spinal column
- Extremely flexible, will fit any body size, shape and posture issue
- the®BeFit24 is a great brace for rehabilitation after injuries or operations
- Made Europe upon the highest quality standards
- 5 Year warranty on the ®BeFit24
Is The ®BeFit24 Posture Corrector Bulky?
The unanimous feedback on this posture brace, which I am going to call the best posture corrector for women right at this very moment, is extremely comfortable with a flat profile and lightweight to wear.The posture corrector is made from a combination of stretchable polyamide, latex, polyurethane foam and cotton.
These materials have been woven into thin, webbed elastic straps which are quite wide and wrap neatly and smoothly around the body so you don’t see any bumpy silhouettes outlined under your clothing.
Strong Velcro tabs hold the posture brace firmly in place to stop it moving and/or rolling up. There is a padded shoulder feature which prevents any digging in, or chafing around the inner shoulder-arm area where the straps fits over the shoulder. All in all, this is a must see posture corrective brace which is kicking goals successfully. If you want to improve your posture and eliminate nagging pain, take the time to read peoples reviews and decide for yourself…
7) BaX-u Back Brace & Posture SupportThe BaX-u Back Brace & Posture Support has been a consistently bestselling posture corrector for women for quite a few years now. It is an extremely soft and lightweight posture corrector to wear made from 96% polyester and 4% spandex. The brace is designed and manufactured in the United States. In fact, it is so effective it is approved by Medicare to help people with posture issues, spinal conditions and those suffering with osteoporosis.
Scientifically designed, created and trialed by Dr. Romina Ghassemi who is a graduate of the University of Applied Health And Sciences in California whose philosophy is fantastic: She says very simply: “Your spine is your life source. Protect your spine, protect your life.”
Benefits of the Bax-U Posture Brace:
- Awarded the 2014 Innovative HME Retail Product Award
- Available in Black Or White
- Highly recommended for reducing slouching, forward head position, Kyphosis, poor posture, osteoarthritis and more
- The Bax-U is Medicare approved and reimbursable from any insurance providers
- Exceptionally comfortable to wear, no chafing or pinching and eases pain
The Statistics Of Posture Pain
It is quite worrying to think that 85% of the US population will suffer from neck or back pain at some point in their lives… And, neck pain affects some 50% of today’s workers who spend an extensive amount of time hovering over a computer, or hunched over a mobile device….
Worse still, the majority of people today are increasingly sedentary, so it’s no surprises that the incidence of poor posture is rising rapidly! According to statistics, the second most common reason for a doctor’s visit today is back pain related. Thought-provoking isn’t it?
So, How Does The Best Posture Corrector or Women Work?
The Bax-U is simple to put on and use. The most important point here is, you must choose the correct size when ordering. There are 4 sizes so make sure you measure carefully.You put the Bax-U just as you would put on a vest. Once you have it settled into place, tighten up the chest strap to fit comfortably and firmly around your ribs.
Then adjust the shoulder straps by tightening or loosening, using the Velcro tabs to keep them firm. The included instructions are very easy to follow.
Best of all, this posture corrector for women is so thin, you will never see or notice it underneath your clothes. You will feel firmly encouraging support when you do go out of alignment by hunching over your computer or mobile device. Which is great, you know your brace is working to remind you to sit up straight, saving you a lot of upper and lower back pain as well as health problems later on.
How Long Do I Wear The Bax-U Each Day?
Of course, you will need to be patient as your muscles learn what good posture is and to automatically take that position on without you being mindful , or wearing the best posture corrector for women.
Closing Thoughts On The Best Posture Corrector For Women For 2016…
Of course, a posture corrector isn’t going to fix all your problems magically. However, by buying and wearing the best posture corrector for women, your posture will improve along with the reduction in pain, and you will most certainly feel an increase in health and well-being. Being mindful of how you sit, stand and walk, as well as taking responsibility for awareness of your posture and well-being is the other half of the equation. Getting out and exercising each day is very helpful for improving posture. You also feel the benefits as exercise gets the good endorphins flowing. Just in case you needed some more inspiration, or my top 7 list wasn’t enough, here is another list of next, most popular, posture correctors for women.